Hello there boys and girls! For this weeks post, accompanied by the gorgeous Brooke, I am going to go over the process when it comes to booking boudoir with Kendra K!
Not too much the logistical process, although I will go over that, but more importantly the emotional process.
- When you inquire with me you will hear back from me within 24 hours. Always and forever. It’s a tactic for two ways, one. you don’t have time to re-think your decision to do this, and two. It keeps me on top of running a damn good business. To me leaving an inquiry longer than 24hours is not how I roll. You’re making the jump to do this, so imma jump right on in with you inquire, because I am just as excited as you.
- We book. Pretty straight forward, we can set up payment plans if need be, pick a date, location and time and then we’re good to go!
- I send you some tips and tricks before your session on what to wear, what to bring, how to do your HUMA, what clothes to wear to the studio, (because as weird as that sounds, it’s important) What to prepare for for an outdoor session etc. It sounds a little like this though, bring and come however you want to. You can be hella sexy, or you can be totally stripped down with no makeup in boxer briefs. It does not matter. I’m here to shoot you and your body at the end of the day and I want you to show up as you.
- You show up to your session a ball of nerves, we shoot, we have the best damn time, you tear up when I show you the back of the camera then done.
- (My pricing structure will be changing soon) So to keep it simple until I have more good info, we will have an in-person ordering session after your session where we can both pick out and build your badass black book or sizes for your prints!
- Then you have a whirlwind of an experience to remember with bomb photos and sexy prints and albums.
- Done and Done. (Ans she said not too much logistics, lies.)
Now, here is what goes through your head, mind, body and soul during this process.
- You find my work online and say to yourself “Damn. She’s damn good at what she does, I need to do this.” You wait a week or two, or even a month or two to inquire with me until you can muster up your nerves to send out that email! (No shame, no judgment here. It takes time to come to the decision that you want to do this and when you will be ready, you’ll only know when you send that inquiry.)
- I write back, we get everything scheduled, you already feel less scared and a little more re-assured by my tone in text via email and social media. You say to yourself, “Okay, I’m flippin doing this!”
- You think about your session daily until it happens. You think of the nerves surrounding this, why you are doing this, who you are doing this for, what you want to get out of this, how you want to feel. You realize before the session that the real reason you are doing this is for yourself ultimately.
- You go out and shop, or even just shop in your closet fo the perfect pieces that are going to show off the real you. You start to feel excitement instead of nerves finally. It’s all coming together and it’s just around the corner, deposit is paid, outfits are picked, and you are READY HUNNY.
- You show up beaming with nerves and excitement all at once! “I tell you don’t even worry about a thing! You’ll forget about all these nerves 5 minutes into the shoot!” <— Actual fact, ask anyone I have ever photographed in any way really…
- 3 1/2 minutes in you feel electric. Absolutely ELECTRIC. You feel free, powerful, sexy, empowered, worthy and giving all at once. You are beaming from ear to ear and by the end of your session, I’m not even telling you how to pose at all because you are FUCKING FEELING IT. Every time people. By the end of sessions I’m just someone taking photos. Zero direction needed from me anymore, I just keep saying, “Yes, yes, get it, that’s right! Look at you now!” Every time.
- You leave and there is a little wave of sadness that it’s actually over. But it doesn’t matter, because you still feel electric. You feel like this for days, sometimes weeks after your session. You feel like this way before you see ANY of your final images. You feel like this because you were in a space where you felt encouragement and safety in expressing yourself in that way. You feel like this because you got to be the real. The no apologies, here’s my ass and tits, YOU. You feel like this because you realize that you are a fucking babe and it’s taken a long time to feel like you in your skin.
- You then receive your photos and don’t even know what to do with yourself. You hold that glorious album in your hand, flipping through pages thinking to yourself, “damn, that’s me and I’m hot.”
- Then you have a lifelong memory of your session, that day, your empowerment, your sexiness and your worthiness. You think back on it every time you start to criticize your body and little by little and you learn to love yourself more through these photos.
- Then we all lived happily every after and booked yearly boudoir with Kendra just because it’s that much fucking fun. (The amount of re-peat clients I have makes me tear up.)
So there you go. You ready, babe?
Get Right // J-Lo